- Space of Japanese paper OPEN
Space of Japanese paper OPEN
Japanese paper art space interwoven by Japanese and French artisans
- "Tesuki Washi" which is a traditional industry in Ikazaki, Uchiko Town, Ehime PrefectureIkazaki Washi is produced by a technique called "Nagashizuki" using the clear stream of Odagawa River.
In ancient times, the name appeared in the Heian Time Period literature, and it developed as a major industry in the Edo (time period).
- Gilding is a French tradition techniqueGilding is a traditional French technique for drawing patterns in thin and stretched metal foil. Originally the artisans reproduce the method used for frame decoration even on paper.
- ~Traditional craft "Ikazaki Washi" and French gilding technique "Gilding"~
The unique expression of the sum produced by the soft expression of Japanese paper and the presence of Gilding foil
I hope you feel a little bit more of the new charm of Japanese paper.
In this facility, Gilding Washi will be treated on the floor and in the rooms to welcome you.
- The floor on the 9th floor is in the art space
- Gilding Washi decorated in the guest room